Product : Sage Nutri Juicer
Cheapest Place to buy : Amazon
My Overall rank : 9/10
The Sage Nutri Juicer
The Sage Nutri-juicer by Heston Blumenthal is a cracking Juicer and one to consider if you are thinking of entering the world of juice. I began my juice journey a year ago in 2015 and have been happily juicing ever since.
It all began when I watched the very interesting documentary – “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” featuring Joe Cross. Joe was a morbidly obese Australian business man who had bad habits and a poor lifestyle, he ate and drank all the wrong things, lots of meat and alcohol. He also had an auto immune disease that was attacking his body and giving him severe rashes and skin problems. Traditional medicine had failed to cure his illness and he was loaded up on steroids and drugs that made him feel even worse.
Finding himself in a desperate situation his last hope was that his body could naturally heal itself. The journey to regain his health began by consuming only juiced fruit and vegetables for 60 days. Its a moving and inspiring story that tracks Joe’s recovery back to good health. He managed to ditch the pills and juice his way to a new healthier life.
The Juicer that Joe Cross used throughout his journey was the Sage Nutri Juicer by Heston Blumenthal. I figured if it was good enough for Joe and helped him get amazing results, then it was good enough for me too!
The Features of The Sage Nutri Juicer
The Sage Nutri Juicer looks good in your kitchen. It has a beautiful brushed chrome effect and it exudes quality and elegance and that’s before you switch it on! It extracts maximum juice with minimum fuss.
- It has a wide feeder chute 84 mm that allows large items to be inserted without the hassle of cutting and chopping – so saving time – especially when your in the morning rush.
- It houses a 1200 watt motor which makes it very quick and powerful. I had no problem juicing anything that I put in it. It also has high and low motor speeds depending on the robustness of the product being juiced.
- The motor is quiet and sleek compared to other juicers I have used. Some juicers feel like they may take off and rattle and move a fair bit. The Sage however stays putt and is solid and sturdy and just gets on with quietly extracting the juice.
- Handy cleaning brush provided with the kit that allows you to brush the meshed parts without damage.
- 1 litre custom jug and instruction book provided.
- Dimensions 220 x 390 x 430 mm
- Power 240V
- Unboxed weight 6 kg
- Easy to clean and top parts dishwasher safe. I put a small plastic bag in the waste compartment and lift it out when juicing is done – which saves on cleaning!
Does the Sage Nutri Juicer Have any Downsides?
- It can struggle with chopped leaf veg, which can exit straight into the waste jug, so full leafed veg is recommended.
- It can take up more counter top space than some other juicers out there.
That’s about all I can think of – it’s a winner in my book!
My Favourite Juices
My mornings always begin the same way – with a nutritious, zingy juice made by my own fair hand. After which I hit the gym for an hour then head off to work. I feel very virtuous knowing I have packed a truck load of vitamins and minerals into my precious body and given myself the best start to the day. Along with Joe Cross I also use recipes for juice drinks from the renowned Jason Vale, the Juice Master.
In his handy book, The Funky Fresh Juice Book, there are lots of delicious recipes to choose from. One of my regulars is the …
It contains a host of good stuff including:-
- Pineapple – 1/2 medium
- Cucumber – 1/4 medium
- Lime – 1/2 peeled
- Celery – 1/2 stalk
- Spinach – 1 handful
- Green leafy vegetables – 1 handful
- Broccoli stem – 3 cm chunk
- Ice cubes
Peel the lime, leave as much pith as possible. Juice the pineapple and all the other ingredients. Pack the spinach and leafy veg tightly into the chute of the juicer, before juicing to extract the most juice. Pour the green goodness over the ice and feel the power!
Another juicy morning favourite that puts a spring in my step is….
- Pink Grapefruit – 1/2 peeled
- Florida Blood Oranges – 2 peeled
- Banana – 1 medium ripe and peeled
- Bio-live Yogurt – 3 heaped tablespoons
- Ice cubes – small handful
Peel the red grapefruit and oranges leaving on as much pith as possible, then juice them. Pout the fresh juice into the blender and add the banana, yogurt and ice, blend till smooth.
These are just two of my fave juice drinks, but Jason Vales book is packed with lots of scrummy options.
I wish you all the best on your juice journey, may it be long and fruit and vegful!
Make a difference, make the change, go veggie!